Sunday 28 September 2014

September Favourites


From left to right (going down) - Sugar Coated Pink Crystal Cluster Earrings, Clarins Pink Sugar Lipstick, "The Glitter Plan" Book, Ariana Grande "My Everything" Album, Revlon Dark Red Perfume Nail Polish, Atomic Beauty Exfoliating Body Scrub, and my Wildfox Rose print Graphic Sweater.

This month was actually kind of difficult to pick my top favourite things! I had so many new products and things for back to school, but this is what I narrowed it down to. Below, I have written a short review about each product in this photo!




Clarins Pink Sugar Lipstick: I found this lipstick at a Shoppers Beauty Boutique, and instantly fell in love. I am a sucker for anything in the colour soft pink, and with the shimmer of sparkle and adorable name, I knew I would have to invest in this lipstick. It is called "Pink Sugar" and is applied so buttery smooth with tiny iridescent sparkles. What's not to love!?




Sugar Coated Pink Crystal Cluster Earrings: As you may know, I have my own jewelry line/business called Sugar Coated. I made these earrings as part of my Fall Collection (released September 9th). These probably have to be on of my favourite pairs of earrings I have made yet. They are beautiful, and come in a variety of different colours (I chose pink of course). They are super comfortable in your ears as well and are not too heavy, even though they may look like it! I don't even notice mine are in when I wear them. I feel like they are a must have for my fall jewels this year. 





"The Glitter Plan" Book: The Glitter Plan, written by Pamela Skaist-Levy and Gela Nash-Taylor with Booth Moore, is a story of how the beloved brand Juicy Couture came to be. As a young entrepreneur in the fashion industry, I found this book very interesting. I am also a lover of Juicy, and have been for quite a while. Reading about how it came to be, and going through the motions with the pair of designers, I loved it! I remember the popularity of the velour tracksuit, and the start of the Juicy perfume and accessories line, and also the eye-catching ads! This book to me was like a back-stage/behind the scenes documentary of everything I loved and still love about Juicy Couture. I am not saying in any way that I agree with the statements made such as "play dumb" and "use being a girl to your advantage" (Chapter 4, pages 41-63) but I did take other useful pointers such as adding personal touches to product, having staff be like your second family, love what you do and work hard to achieve goals, and don't be afraid to laugh once and a while. Overall, I would recommend this book to any fashionista - or any Juicy lover! I picked up my copy at a Chapters book store - but it is probably available at any book store near you! (or online). 




Ariana Grande "My Everything" Album: I am in love with this. It is by far one of the best albums I have ever listened to. Ariana is perfection. She did it once before with "Yours Truly" and now she has definitely done it again! As you can tell by just the scratches on the CD case, it has gotten a lot of use so far. I listen to it every morning while I get ready for school, and I take it in the car on long trips. Also - a bonus that I got with this album was an album T-shirt!



Revlon Perfume Nail Polish: I think that this deep-red, almost maroon-coloured nail polish is a perfect fall shade. I wore this through the month of September a couple of times and I really liked it. I only needed to apply two coats (I could have gotten away with one) and it smelled like perfume when dry! The shade/scent is called Bordeaux, and the bottle is beautiful!



Atomic Beauty Espresso Body Scrub: I first found out about Atomic Beauty products when we started selling them at the boutique I work at; Kittens Den. They are made locally, in Port Hope, and I love how they are made from real coffee grinds. They contain no preservatives, and all the ingredients are recognizable and easy to read. Did I mention they also smell amazing? This scrub in particular is delicious! It is different than anything I had ever tried before - it's a dry scrub. So I apply this before going in the shower, and it leaves my skin silky smooth. Not only is the product great, I have to say the packaging and labels are as well!

Lastly, (not photographed) is my Wildfox Single Rose oh-so-cozy sweater. I bought this at Mad Monkey Clothing in Port Hope, and have been in love ever since. It was a sweater that I featured in one of my outfit posts a week or so ago and you can have a look here to see what I had to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment