Friday 7 November 2014

Style Profile: Zoe Cortesis

Zoe Cortesis is not your ordinary Grade 11 high school student. She is also a model. Zoe has been preparing her portfolio to take into agencies, and hopefully begin a part-time career that way. She has already been seen a couple times in photo shoots for Mad Monkey Clothing Prom Dresses, as well as getting photographers to help develop and grow her portfolio.

I met Zoe in my art class at school, and there, I really noticed her eye for style and creativity. She loves the industry, and is interested in possibly following through with some type of career in fashion. Right now she is leaning towards Fashion Show organizing and production, and anything behind the scenes that way.

Zoe has some experience in other areas as well, besides modeling. She has picked up a little bit of sewing skills over the years, and helped out a couple years ago backstage with a musical production that her school, CDCI West put on, called The Wedding Singer. She told me about how she helped with hair and makeup, and that she enjoyed it very much!

Read her full interview and see her lovely photos that I captured below! 


Mikayla:

List some key pieces in your wardrobe. What are some of your absolute favorites?

Zoe:

Black booties, leather jackets, and ripped jeans.

Mikayla:

Describe your personal style and how (if at all) you show it through your modeling photos.

Zoe:

I try to wear things out of my comfort zone sometimes. Even if the things I am wearing are what's "in style", I still try to put my own person taste into it.



Mikayla:

You have mentioned possibly following through with a career in fashion one day. What interests you in general about the fashion industry?

Zoe:

I love the idea of being in that type of environment, and being surrounded by fashion. Fashion is something I love, and doing something based on that as a living would be amazing! I also think living in the city would help me follow my passion for this industry. I would be able to see more fashion, instead of here, in a small town.

Mikayla:

Do you see modeling possibly being your full time career one day?

Zoe:

I can definitely see myself modeling for a few years in my life, and then most likely getting into a different full time career in the long run. That career is still undecided right now.

Mikayla:

What famous models in the industry do you look up to, or find inspiration in?

Zoe:

I really like Lily Aldridge because she appears to have an effortless style but is every elegant.



Mikayla:

As a working model, if you could choose any ad campaign for a brand/company, which one would you see yourself fitting in best with, or wish to be a part of?

Zoe:

I love looking at Ralph Lauren ads and I think it would be amazing to shoot for them.

Mikayla:

You are currently putting together a portfolio to submit to modeling agencies. Are you nervous at all with how they will react to your photos and if you will get hired/signed with one of them? What are some of your struggles (if any) with preparing for this?

Zoe:

It is nerve-wracking not knowing what they will think, or what they will say about my photos, but I think all you have to do is work at what you can, and go in believing in yourself. I've been working on this portfolio for a few years now, and if they don't like my photos, I can take that information knowing that I just have to keep working at it, and go back next year or another time I feel prepared again.



Mikayla:

What would be some of your own personal advice to young individuals who want to give modeling a try?

Zoe:

I think you just really have to want it. It's tough, and I myself don't even have that much experience. You have to be healthy and stay positive through it all!


What Zoe Wore:

Jacket, Shoes - H&M
Sweater - Forever 21
Jeans - American Eagle
Bag - Winners

Photos by Mikayla Kuehn

Apologies for the quality of photos, I was unable to use my usual DSLR when I shot for Zoe!

© All content is my own. Feel free to use anything you would like, while giving proper credit. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment